Just have to get this off my chest...
When I came home last night and was talking with DH, we got into a conversation about whether working out before the WI is a good or bad thing. The leader said it was bad because it tends to bulk up muscle... I have no idea, but the whole conversation centered around that issue, and the weight loss seemed like an aside.
Then I call my mother to tell her about my loss, and she is happy for me, congratulates me. Then I call my sister and I tell her, and she hesitates to see how I feel about that. I said I was perfectly fine with LOSING 1.8 pounds. I didn't GAIN it. I LOST it. So we started talking about the conversation DH and I had had not five minutes before, and she said "well what did the WW leader say?" and I said "well he told us that it wasn't a good thing to work out before because sometimes you can see a gain at the scale when there wasn't one." She said "well, maybe he just told you that to make you feel better."
Feel better about WHAT?! That I LOST weight? Why would he need to make me feel better about that? I said "well actually, it was a woman who had asked the question because she had just gotten done working out and he was answering HER question, not addressing me at all." She's like "oh." It was like she didn't think a 1.8 pound loss was good enough?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home