Sunday, January 23, 2005

Day Six

Last night, I was going over my points and found that I had 13 points left AFTER dinner, so I decided that, since my husband was going out for a few groceries, that I could splurge and have a scoop of Dietsch's ice cream. Yes, it is considered 7 points for one scoop, and he did get me two, BUT I only ate about a scoop and a half, maybe less, and handed the rest back to my husband to finish. After not having sugar all week, I found it a little too much, and felt that my stomach wasn't tolerating it all that well. So I consumed about 10 points of ice cream, and still had some Ritz crackers to end the night.

So now I start day six, and tomorrow is my weigh in day. I will go to the 7 PM meeting, get reenergized (not that i need to, really), and start week two. I am going to go to Curves tomorrow morning to start the day off right, and then move on.

So all in all, this was a VERY good starting week for me, and I can't believe how determined I am this time. I keep telling myself that it will work this time, that this isn't just beginner's optimism, that this is my choice for my life. I mean, think about it: we have to eat. Why did I choose to fill my mouth and stomach with processed foods? Because it was easier. Because it was more comforting, maybe. But I know for a fact that it didn't make me feel good about myself. There would be times I would go to the grocery store, look at the food on the belt, and wonder what the person behind me thought... yep, another obese woman, buying the pre-packaged CRAP, not fresh items that have to be prepared and are better for you.

Last night, I found out that my youngest likes steamed broccoli, and my son likes raw broccoli and asparagus tips sauteed in butter. The things I have been keeping from my kids because I have been too selfish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home